Wednesday, August 7, 2013

From NOW's Meredith Ockman

from Meredith Ockman

Good afternoon, John and Progressive Friends!

Thank you for the opportunity to speak to the Treasure Coast Progressive Alliance this week about an introduction to NOW.  I always look at such meetings as a learning experience for myself when I leave with so many true stories that underscore the validity of the concepts and priority issues that I presented.

The group members asked some particularly thoughtful questions and the conversations that followed make me think they plan to use the information to do some good things in the Treasure Coast area!  After you have had time to talk with others in the group, please feel free to contact me in any effort to institute change!  I have included the members of Treasure Coast Progressive Alliance on this email (if they included their emails on my sign-up sheet) so they have my contact information and are able to contact me.  I am including Mindi Fetterman, the President of TC NOW and CEO/Founder of the Inner Truth Project, as well.  She is well connected and versed in the issues, too.

As I promised and for your convenience, these are the websites I mentioned during our discussion:
1)      Your NEW local NOW chapter is www.TreasureCoastNOW.org
2)      Florida leads 35 chapters.  The website is www.FLNOW.org
3)      The Inner Truth Project is the sexual abuse survivors community center that I spoke about:  www.InnerTruthProject.org

I am excited about the passion in your group and the potential leadership for women’s issues that affect everyone in our community that I see in each person who was in that room!  It was such a pleasure to spend the evening with and meet your group!

I look forward to being in touch, soon!

Sincerely,


Merideth Ockman

No comments:

Post a Comment